Hey you old guys, I have a Question for ya!

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
What does this mean?
You are requesting file: /mplayerosx/MplayerOSXB8r4.zip
Please select a mirror

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
click the location nearest you, its set up so you get the correct language and fastest download.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
ok Ill try that, I have been dealing with James but I can not open his wish me luck lol

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
That worked but the video I opened with it looked terrible picture was all broken up and slow mplayer not so nice to me lol

Reaction score
iNAP said:
That worked but the video I opened with it looked terrible picture was all broken up and slow mplayer not so nice to me lol

can't blame the player if the video is doggie dung...

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
Also shouldn't I be able to just click on that .wmv and it play without me having to place it on top of the mplayer folder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
mplayer can not play all wmv, that i know of from experience.

Reaction score
Macman said:
why does it need to be named windowsmediaplayerinstaller.bin? at any rate, .sitx isn't working, it may need to be .bin, but if so, why would it be a .sitx file?

That is what i am trying to figure out too. I downloaded the same file and when i get it, it is named .bin, and his is .sitx...why would the same file read different on the two systems? It works here, doesn't work there...

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
oh well no idea why it comes up as .sitx but how about this Question "Also shouldn't I be able to just click on that .wmv and it play without me having to place it on top of the mplayer folder?"
Shouldn't it be automatic that it opens it?
edit: Mplayer that is!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
you can ctrl+click the file and there is a check box where you can change the default. i am at work and on a pc so i can tell you exactly right now, bu ti am sure someone will tell you.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
iNAP said:
oh well no idea why it comes up as .sitx but how about this Question "Also shouldn't I be able to just click on that .wmv and it play without me having to place it on top of the mplayer folder?"
Shouldn't it be automatic that it opens it?
edit: Mplayer that is!

Did tiger come on the machine? Was Panther ever installed and if so did you Upgrade to tiger? If it's a Fresh install of Tiger, I am told that Tiger out of the box does not contain Stuffit Expander! I did not notice as I did an upgrade to my existing Panther install. If that is the case it explains why you can not open the .sitx. I just ran the windowsmedia.sitx on my Imac with Panther and it opened right up. If you are missing Stuffit Expander, you can download a copy from their site or version tracker.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12012

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
I went into Spot light typed in Stuffit and see this
StuffIt EXP 902 Installer
Wednesday, May 4, 2005 3:20 AM
Uninstall:
~StuffIt Expander 9.0 Uninstall
~StuffIt Framework Uninstall

Uninstallation was successful!
I didn't uninstall anything.whats that mean? Is Stuffit not here? or is it?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
iNAP said:
I went into Spot light typed in Stuffit and see this
StuffIt EXP 902 Installer
Uninstall:
~StuffIt Expander 9.0 Uninstall
~StuffIt Framework Uninstall

Uninstallation was successful!
I didn't uninstall anything.whats that mean? Is Stuffit not here? or is it?

I have read over and over Tiger if installed Clean does not have stuffit installed. that StuffIt EXP 902 Installer is an installer for Stuffit Expander. Try running that.

I like VLC and the other movie player that Macman recomended, but with some windows Media files I have needed Windows Media player installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
dtravis7 said:
I have read over and over Tiger if installed Clean does not have stuffit installed. that StuffIt EXP 902 Installer is an installer for Stuffit Expander. Try running that.

You're correct, if you do an erase and clean install of Tiger will not have Stuffit on your system. Just go to version tracker or the programmers website and download it for free.

-Chris

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
I am getting to the point where maybe I should just erase everything and reinstall It seems everything is where it shouldn't be I think that's what I am going to do, does anyone have any suggestions first?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iNAP said:
I am getting to the point where maybe I should just erase everything and reinstall It seems everything is where it shouldn't be I think that's what I am going to do, does anyone have any suggestions first?

Just make sure to do the usual back-up. If you don't have a great deal of personal files and applications on the computer already, a clean erase and install might be just what the doctor ordered.

-Chris

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to a do clean install if I'm not back you'll know why lol I have all my isp info I'm having everyone in my address book reply to an email that way I can just add them with a push of a button., I don't care about any other stuff on here yet so that should do it, right? As far as Stuffit goes and the p.c. stuff to open files, that will just have to wait till I get someone to walk this slightly computer illiterate old dog thru the headaches of the simple way of doing things lol Thanks for the help guys
logo.gif
is the best! But what do I know? LOL j/k

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Let's put it this way, it's better to do this sooner rather than later. If you think a reinstall will fix the problems (which I think it very well may) and you think it will make you feel better knowing everything is fresh again (which would make me feel better) than do it now when you have fewer personal items on the system. Good luck iNAP, if you're not back in a day I'll hold a Mac-Forums vigil for you. ;)

-Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.