Installing leopard on g4 powerbook

Reaction score
I've been trying all day all the possible solutions for INSTALLING LEOPARD ON MY G4 17" 1.5GHz with no success with DVD. I trashed DVD because apparently it was scratched to death. I've however also tried target mode my MBP and thus trying to install from fw drive with also no success.
But then I've decided to try MBP's (on Leo) undestructive partitioning in order to attempt to
1. partition G4's drive while it is in TARGET MODE over MBP(or another 10.5.. OS installed which supports non-destructive partitioning) creating a partition of 10GB. it worked.

2. Use OSX Leopard image and either use Disk Utilities or another ware to restore this partition from this image of Leopard.

3. reboot G4 while pressinf Command key.

4. select new partition and voila you can now install Leopard (or in general any other version of OS X)

it worked like charm took me hours to figure it out and only 30 min to get to the installation stage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.