I've come back to the light

Reaction score
Hi all... I've come back from the dark side. Just received my 15" MacBook Pro and I love it.

I got my first Mac in 1987 when I started college at Drexel University (at the time all students had to get a Mac). I got one of the first Macintosh SEs that came off the assembly line and I loved that machine.

Over the next 9 years I had a succession of Macs:

LC
PowerBook 165
Quadra 630 (later upgraded to a PowerPC card)
PowerBook 5300

Finally, after college, I had gotten into SQL Server development and VB development which meant that I needed to have PC/Windows machines as well, and I decided I didn't want to spend the money on supporting both platforms at home.

So for the last 13+ years, I have been a PC user exclusively, but have always kept my eye on the Mac scene.

This fall I got an iPhone and after having it for a few weeks decided that I HAD to start developing it.

So, after much hemming and hawing, debating between a Mini, iMac or MacBook, I finally decided to go all in and got a 15" MacBook Pro. I haven't paid this much for a machine since my last mac all those years ago, but after having it for nearly a week, I don't mind the price at all!

I love Snow Leopard, I am enjoying getting my feet wet with XCode and the iPhone SDK, but the biggest surprise to me is that Windows (XP and 7) running in Parallels 5 on this machine is at least as good as windows was on my Dell Inspiron E1505 (Core2Duo T7200).

I've heard it before, but it certainly appears my favorite Windows machine is my MacBook Pro.

Ted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
Hahah good to hear my man! Yeah we all stray away for a while but always tend to come back =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Welcome back.... It's nice here !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.