Sage on Mac osx??

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if it was possible to run Sage (accounts package) on mac os x?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
No, because it isn't available in any OS X native release.

Reaction score
Can run Sage using virtualisation software

You can run Sage on MacOS using virtualisation software - I use Vbox which is free. Sage also offer an online version, which I've not tried. I am assured by our IT administrator that some of his clients have been running networked versions of Sage on multiple terminals using vmware for years. We are going to implement something like that very soon having given up on some MacOs accounting applications which are just not sufficiently developed to run a business in excess of £1m turnover.

But as a CEO I hate Sage and so do many others. It has been around so long and has its really annoying difficulties and for all that money that they make you would have thought it would be able to do anything. Even so, like MS it appears to have got such wide acceptance that everyone knows how to use it, just about and just put up with its problems. For instance its poor analytical capabilities are got round by most in the accounting industry by exporting to a decent spreadsheet or database application and reprocess the data very quickly there.

Sage is pretty much tried and tested for data entry, integration with ebanking software, purchase order processing etc. It has always been not very good at management reports, weak at cash analysis, weak at departmental analysis and so on. I'll bet the software developers have never been CEO of anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, Macbook Pro & iPhone GS3
I run Windows XP as a virtual machine using Parallel or Fusion (I do) on OSX. Everything I throw at it works. I have several Windows based financial/taxation software. Fusion is very stable. My son is using Parallel and I have not heard him screaming or tearing his hair out. You should have no problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.