Late 07' MBP... max RAM 4GB or 6GB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Not sure as to whether the late 2007 model can support 6GB, but I can tell you that the only way you'll notice a benefit is if you will actually utilize the extra memory. If you have 6GB and are only using 3GB, then you won't see any benefit. However, let's say you do a lot of multitasking with memory intensive programs, like running a VM or two, then you should most definitely see a performance boost.

OP
JUKE179r
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I use my MBP strictly as a DAW for music. So maybe the extra RAM would do me good when running Logic 9?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I use my MBP strictly as a DAW for music. So maybe the extra RAM would do me good when running Logic 9?
Again:

the only way you'll notice a benefit is if you will actually utilize the extra memory. If you have 6GB and are only using 3GB, then you won't see any benefit.

Check your current RAM usage by using Activity Monitor:
Mac OS X: Reading system memory usage in Activity Monitor

If your combined Blue (Inactive) and Green (Free) wedges are a very tiny percentage of your RAM, then adding more will help.
If the combined wedges are something like 20% or more, then adding more RAM won't show any difference to your overall performance.

OP
JUKE179r
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll keep an eye on the System Memory the next time I'm running a processor intense Logic session. Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.