Firefox running slow on Tiger

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing painful slowness with FF on Tiger? It times out when i try to get extensions or themes, and some sites won't even load. Safari is VERY slow as well.

OP
briang
Reaction score
btw... everything was running nice and smooth before tiger. none of my other computers are experiencing this type of slowness.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
firefox wasn't really running slow for me, but safari is so much quicker than FF on Tiger for me that I decided to switch back to Safari.

OP
briang
Reaction score
lot's of folks on the apple discussion boards are complaining of the same issues i'm having, but apple is stonewalling. everything worked fine until i upgraded to tiger. i'm thinking about rollling back until they release a .1 or .2.

B

badmojo

briang said:
lot's of folks on the apple discussion boards are complaining of the same issues i'm having, but apple is stonewalling. everything worked fine until i upgraded to tiger. i'm thinking about rollling back until they release a .1 or .2.

A friend of mine, who just u/g'd to Tiger thinks that IE5 runs the best now. He used to use Safari but it did get slower post-upgrade

S

Smilemon

Bad News

I hate safari. It never worked for me. Internet explorer dosen't run java right. Firefox is like heaven. If it dosent work on tiger I might just stick to panther for a while.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.