Buy Macbook Pro now or wait?

Reaction score
I'm a pc user now and I'm wanting to buy the current Macbook Pro 15" with 4gb ram + 320gb hard drive, but have a few questions:

1. Should I wait to get it until next year because I feel like apple is going to come out with a new model soon or something?

2. I mainly want to use it to run a personal training business, how are macs for business?

3. I keep hearing about the glossy screen being annoying, should I get the anti-glare screen option?

Thanks in advance! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
I never had an issue with the glossy screen on my macbook. you can just adjust the angle if its a problem, apple screens have a great viewing angle.

In terms of waiting, there is pretty much going to be a new one coming out every year or so there really isnt a sense in waiting.

You can either buy a new one, or do what I do. I typically stay a generation or two behind and just buy a used one. It saves a bit of money and on residual value when I decide to upgrade, sell my old one and buy new, it costs not much at all.

just an idea, buying new has its advantages too.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for your input!

Any more input please? on how they are for business..

It looks like I should wait as I'm reading that they are coming out with Intel Arrandale processors soon.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
Nice site Crimson! Thanks so much! I was wating for something like that!

Reaction score
The Core i5/i7 MBP's should be coming out soon. Just have to decide if you're willing to take the plunge on one as it will be a new platform. At that point you can see if there are issues, and either save money buying an older model, or get a smoking new system.

Then again there is no time like the present when it comes to buying a PC, so I guess the urgency depends on the state of your current system.

As for business use, it depends on what software you use, if you run your own business, or need to connect to a windows AD, or what. Also what document types you may need to collaborate with other people (although Office 2008 is perfectly capable if it's office docs you need, and there's always VMWare).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.