Symc810.sys is corrupted

Reaction score
Sigh. so since nobody here could solve my strange windows problem before i decided to completely delete the windows partition and reinstall windows xp on my macbook.

However, i cannot find my XP disc this time so i borrowed a friends. I know it's either SP2 or SP3, i can't remember but both should work right?

Anyways, i created the new partition and booted the install cd. It loads almost all the files and then says

"symc810.sys is corrupted"

How do i fix this?

Reaction score
I believe (but am not entirely sure) that file is a driver for a Symbolic Logic 810 PCI/SCSI adapter. Have not encountered this error myself but this could arise from (1) a non-legal copy of Windows, (2) a copy/version of Windows that doesn't meet Boot Camp specifications, or (3) something wrong with your install disc.

My guess is that the disc your friend gave you has issues like those discussed above. I would try another install disc. This is not a typical error. If you can boot into Windows Safe Mode you might be able to uninstall the device and then let Windows re-detect it and install the driver, but since this is happening during installation (very odd) I am guessing you can't use this disc for one reason or another.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.