graphical glitch with spaces?

Reaction score
hey guys,

When I go into spaces, i've got four desktop windows, then I'll drag a microsoft word window from one space to another or just move it around when I'm in the spaces view. Then when I go back to the window it has graphical problems (attached) and it's like it shows the previous place and the new place and its sometimes difficult to get rid of. Anyone have any experience with this?

spaces.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
First, let's clear up the cryptic description, just to be sure you're understood. Here's what I think you are saying:

You have 4 Spaces set up ("four desktop windows"). When viewing all Spaces at once, you drag one of (several?) Word windows from, let's say Space 1 to Space 2. Now there's a gap in the process. It's not clear what you do next, that is, immediately after dragging that Word doc to Space 2. But, when you "go back" to Space 1, the result is depicted in the attached image. What it shows is the file which you dragged to Space 2, positioned here in Space 1 as it was in Space 2 (which is what leads me to assume you had first looked in on Space 2 before going "back" to Space 1) but, it also shows you the same document as it had been positioned in Space 1 to begin with.

Please correct any error(s) in that interpretation.

My preliminary recommendation is either the Word plist file is messed up, or the Spaces (systempreferences) plist file is, or both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.