point of curiosity 10.2.8

U

unl33t

did anyone with a powebook upgrade to 10.2.8 before the patch was pulled?
if so..
- any problems that you've noticed?
- any changes in performance?

i've been running into articles about problems and such with the upgrade. of course this was after i upgraded, so far the only thing i can find is that dreamweaver flakes every now and again but thats about it. basically i'm wondering if the pach only causes problems on specific system setups.

OP
H

hokiethang

unl33t said:
did anyone with a powebook upgrade to 10.2.8 before the patch was pulled?
if so..
- any problems that you've noticed?
- any changes in performance?

i've been running into articles about problems and such with the upgrade. of course this was after i upgraded, so far the only thing i can find is that dreamweaver flakes every now and again but thats about it. basically i'm wondering if the pach only causes problems on specific system setups.

I had problems with battery life. My battery life went from 4 hours, down to a little less than 2. Upgrading to the new version of 10.2.8 fixed it and im back up to 4 hours. Thats the only problem I witnessed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah same here, but my battery still shows a little over two hours, but that could be because of everything I have running.. Actually it's fluctuating quite a bit.. I look up and it says 2:16, then a second later, 1:57, then a second later 2:02.. very strange.. I guess maybe that is to help me know what is eating up my battery life..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok my battery died about 5 minutes ago.. which is... a little over an hour.. now that sucks! Something is seriously wrong with my battery :(

OP
U

unl33t

hokiethang said:
I had problems with battery life. My battery life went from 4 hours, down to a little less than 2. Upgrading to the new version of 10.2.8 fixed it and im back up to 4 hours. Thats the only problem I witnessed.

when was the new version released? that might be why i haven't had any real problems... maybe i already have it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The new new version was released today, while the last 10.2.8 was released about a week ago.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
hokiethang said:

Because of the battery problems, you may want to try this latest update

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
rman said:
Because of the battery problems, you may want to try this latest update

I hear the battery problem has been resolved with this latest update.

OP
U

unl33t

Murlyn said:
The new new version was released today, while the last 10.2.8 was released about a week ago.

just applied the new patch, my batt life is back up too.
call me unobservant, but now that i think about it... i did lose some time to the original patch...
this will probably work for you too

OP
H

hokiethang

unl33t said:
just applied the new patch, my batt life is back up too.
call me unobservant, but now that i think about it... i did lose some time to the original patch...
this will probably work for you too

yeah i was one of the idiots who upgraded to 10.2.8 hours following the announcement. I upgraded to the new patch and those problems were resolved. I will know better than to update OS X right after they release the patch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey now! Ok yeah.. it was kind of idiotic, but I also upgraded, but luckily I didnt have any problems :), but I thought I should probably upgrade to this new one anyways

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.