access mac mini from windows laptop

Reaction score
I have a mac mini with no monitor,keyboard and mouse. I want to access mini and run programs and do development from my windows laptop. I tried logmein free yesterday and it worked fine with little slow speed. Most of the time I will be doing this development at home, So I was wondering if there is any better solution to connect to mac mini on the same network so that speed is faster.
Also I havent tried VNC but I read about it. Is that better than logmein in security and speed wise?
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Speed will be like that when going PC to Mac. I bet it's a wireless connection, too, eh?

Get an Apple wireless mouse and keyboard, use your PC as a screen, work directly on the Mini.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you are on the same network, then VNC is your best bet for speed. Enable Screen Sharing on the Mac and grab a vnc viewer for Windows (I use Tightvnc) and point it at the Mac to get logged in and using.

To access the Mac remotely, there's also Hamachi, a lightweight personal VPN that can be used in conjunction with VNC. Logmein bought Hamachi and the latest version (hamachi2) only supports Windows, so you'll have to use the older version..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.