Microsoft Expressions Web and Visual Basic software for Mac?

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if there's a Microsoft Expressions Web and a Visual Basic for Mac. I'm studying these in school and I don't want to spent the money on a pc or use a vw machine. Any ideas? Thanks. :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi, I was wondering if there's a Microsoft Expressions Web and a Visual Basic for Mac.

No and no.

I'm studying these in school and I don't want to spent the money on a pc or use a vw machine.

If you mean "VM", why not? You can transparently run this or any other package seamlessly with something like VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop.

If you truly mean VW, then I don't blame you. I wouldn't be caught dead in a VW either.

Any ideas? Thanks. :D

Aside from running it in a VM? You could always dual-boot with Windows using Boot Camp, but that's a lot of hassle compared to running it in a VM.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Okay, then, which VM and Windows OS would work best?

There's a number of different options, each with their own pros and cons. The cheapest (free) solution will be Sun's VirtualBox, but it's not as feature-rich as the other commercial offerings. Personally, I use VMWare Fusion and find it to be best for my needs, but your mileage may vary.

As far as Windows goes, the best option (due to its light footprint) is Windows XP. You can pick up an "OEM for System Builders" copy from NewEgg.com for about $100. You might also want to check with your school as often they have special Academic pricing on Microsoft software that could lead to a substantial discount.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.