Boot Camp Partioning Not Working

Reaction score
Hello,

Need some help please!

So yesterday, I installed Parallels onto my Mac and had it installed and running perfectly fine. But I didn't really like it so I decided to uninstall it and try Boot Camp instead. However, before when I tried to set up Boot Camp I was able to partition my hard drive and proceed to the next step but never did so because I didn't have a Windows XP CD with me at the current time when I tried this. After installing Parallels and deleting it though, when I try to use Boot Camp Assistant and partition my hard drive, I get an error saying I can't partition it. It says I need to format my hard drive and have it in the extended (Journaled) format. I checked through Disk Utility and it says that it is in Journaled format. I'm really confused on what to do. T

Please help. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
See solution #2 in my reply to a similar thread. LINK

Also, you can do a search in the forum. This subject comes up often.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.