ipod touch recovery loop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz, 2gig ram, 500gig HD -- Iphone 3g 8gig
My sister has a ipod touch 1st gen and it will not power on. when i put it to sleep it wont come back on. nothing happens when i do a hard reset. although. when i have it plugged into my mac. and do the hard reset, it goes into recovery. i tried restoring it using the apple software downloaded from itunes and i get the 1600 error. Is her ipod dead for good? or is there a way to fix this?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Is that iTouch jailbroken by any chance?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it was. but it wont restore back to factory settings using itunes. there is an upgrade. and it downloaded the upgrade but wont restore to it. and the screen is black in recovery mode. it doesnt get the itunes plugin thing. so maybe its stuck in DFU? idk. it wont do anything tho.

ok so i tried restoring to version 3.0 and then tried 3.1.2 again because 3.0 got the error. now it seems to be restoring. i will let you know if it still will not wake up from sleep.

Ok it failed to restore. now i got the error (6) ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Try creating a new user, (with admin privileges), log in as that then try a recovery again. I had a very similar problem and this solved it.

You're no worse off trying it.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
im sorry. log into what? the computer? or itunes?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.