How to move Microsoft Office 2004 (Tiger ) to Snow Lepard.

Reaction score
I have a MacPro (Tiger OS 10.4.11) on its last legs. It will only work in Safe Mode. I want to move Microsoft Office 2004, including my Entourage mails and its Address Book to my Macbook (Snow Leopard OS 10.6.2). I do have a Flash Drive as an intermediate storage device. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Just reinstall it from the Office install disc.
You do have the disc, right?
The address book can be copied to a flash drive and imported back.

OP
P
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't. Can't find it. But if I did find it and do a new install, I would lose all my Entourage emails and Address Book.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Office is one of those applications, Adobe is another, that do not transfer well at times. Your only option is to back up to another drive using SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner, and Address Book may mot transfer from Tiger to Snow Leopard.

Also you may be better investing in Office 2008 and installing Rosetta.

OP
P
Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. Office 2008 is on the way out, and I've read that 2010 Retail is not too far in the future. My concern is how to save all my emails. I can copy the Entourage Address book items, if push comes to shove.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.