importing old email from crashed drive.

Reaction score
A few weeks ago my drive crashed. In the meantime I bought a new computer. I've got my old emails saved on an external hard drive. I went on the old drive into the library and was able to drag and drop the old mailboxes into the new mailbox folder and they showed up just fine. What didn't show up was all the email. No matter how many times I drag and drop the .emlx files into the mail boxes they will not show up. I can double click on the old .emlx file and mail will open them but even then I can't drag and drop them into the new files so I can see them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Have you tried importing the old emails from the ehd? Mail > File > Import Mailboxes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Try Repair Permissions, preferably using Onyx Titanium Software to see if your access has been blocked somehow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.