New Macbook Pro anytime soon?

Reaction score
I have talked to some informed Mac people and they have not heard of any new laptops coming to replace the current Macbook Pros. Just wondering if this is the consensus for everyone? I'm trying to decide whether I should go ahead and purchase a current Pro or to wait it out and see if there are any new updated Pros on their way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac PowerPC G4 1.42GHz 768 MB Ram
The next ones will brush your teeth for you and come standard with OS 9 and Windows XP. You have to buy OS X separate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
Once again if you do that you'll never get one, there will always be new ones coming out all the time. If the computer is what your looking for you should get it. It's easy for me to say now when I am not looking for a computer, I always wonder if I should wait when shopping for one like you are.
Anyways, I have not heard any recent macbook pro rumors at all, the only thing is there is a rumored tablet coming out, but I haven't heard any solid rumors recently. So I say go for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
There's a possibility that MacBook Pros with quad-core i5s/i7s will come out next year, but that's just judging by the specs that the iMac has right now; nothing official.

But even if they are released with i5s/i7s next year, there's not going to be a huge performance gain, and the heat that the MacBook Pro would produce would be excruciating. So you may as well just buy one now; they are already able to run the most graphical programs perfectly right now anyway, and will run the next few years worth of programs well too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Once again if you do that you'll never get one, there will always be new ones coming out all the time. If the computer is what your looking for you should get it. It's easy for me to say now when I am not looking for a computer, I always wonder if I should wait when shopping for one like you are.
Anyways, I have not heard any recent macbook pro rumors at all, the only thing is there is a rumored tablet coming out, but I haven't heard any solid rumors recently. So I say go for it.

There is already an after market macbook tablet customization.
I've seen a picture of Woz signing one at some type of Apple event.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
You might be talking about the ModBook. They take a Mac and then change the body and screen, etc of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
if you're going to get the basic MacBook pro 13" just go for the regular MacBook 13"...i just got the new white unibody and its better then the basic 13" MBP...i love it :) i had the 13" MBP uni and now have the NEWEST unibody WHITE MB with the rubberish bottom and it is wayyyy better then the MBP i had. plus it has a way bigger HD :)

Reaction score
I think the speculation that they'll at least bump them to Core i5 chips (or possibly Core i7 in the larger models) is pretty reasonable. Which could foster at least a slight redesign since those chips run hotter. But I don't think they'd be significantly different than the current ones as that is their current design language.

That being said the current MBP's are quite nice and I don't think you'd be unhappy getting one. I'd also want to wait a bit before buying a new MBP if it had the new Core chips in them, as there are often bugs and issues in a new product with brand new processors. There are already issues reported with the Core i7 iMacs.

I'm also a little surprised at the poster above saying how the MB is better than the MBP right now. Sure the base model MBP might have a smaller HD and lesser CPU, but doesn't the aluminum unibody, backlit keys, etc count for something? And you can always pay a little more to bump the specs up. The aluminum is more durable, looks better (this is opinion of course) and the rubber bottom on the MB gets dirty really easily.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You might be talking about the ModBook. They take a Mac and then change the body and screen, etc of it.

That's what it is.
Thanks I forgot the name.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Well, I was one of those bleeding edge individuals who picked up a core i5 iMac. I went through 3 of them - all had significant video issues. This is an example of the price you pay when you choose to be an early adopter.

What do I have now? A 17" Macbook Pro - only 7 days old. Yes, new ones are coming and soon. I don't care though. When they do switch to the new processors there will be some inevitable bugs. I have opted to go with a platform that has been refined over the past few years. Is the current Macbook line perfect - no. However, it's about as stable as a notebook can be. I'm enjoying the new machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree 100% with bcubed. There are always problems with new machines right at the start.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alum. Mac book 13", MacBook Pro 15"
I wont worry about waiting - there is always something bigger and better around the corner...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.