Elgato eyetv Sat on PS3?

Reaction score
I have been looking at the Elgato eyetv sat, and was wondering if you can play your Playstation 3 on one? If you can, is there much of a lag?
And does anyone have one of these? Are they worth the money, and what is the picture quality like?
I have searched the forums, but couldn't find a question like this one.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It's been asked a several times over the years. Could be tuff to find, I didn't look. And, I have never personally tried it with my ElGato and PS3.

Bottomline according to my senile memory:

Pic quality - realize you're only going to be connecting via S-video at best or composite, so it's not going to be that great - the smaller the screen size you're connecting it to, probably the more ok it will be. e.g. it would probably look much better on a 13" MB than the new 27" iMac.

Lag: yes; for a serious/enthusiast gamer, you'll not like it - definitely not for online competitive use; for a casual gamer, it may be ok

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.