Airtunes...Airport Express... How?

M

MacManc

I was wondering about running music to my receiver wireless by employing my airport. First starters, do I have to buy the connector from Mac for 40 bucks or is there a cheaper alternative (the monster cable thing that connects the airport to the receiver)? Secondly, are there any requirements for the receiver to be able to play the airtunes (like watts per channel...sensitivity etc.)? Any other info that you think would be neccessary it would be much appreciated. Also, I am in the market for a new stereo receiver do you have any suggestions for a solid receiver? Thanks alot

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

#1) no you can use a $4.00 cable from walmart. or any other 1/8inch to RCA "Y" cable

Reaction score
The Airport Express should work w/ out any specific requirments, if I'm not mistaken. It should be as simple as plug and play, it's just sending an audio signal into your stereo.

OP
I

IChing

MacManc said:
So I could do it with any receiver that has a free A/V outlet?

Yes no problem, the cables you can buy anywhere. I have it and it's great being able to control the volume and tunes from anywhere in my place with my powerbook

This post is in the wrong section.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.