Mac pro hanging

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbookpro 13, 2.26, 2GB, 160GB
bought a mac book pro last month. recently did an upgrade and yesterday mac got stuck at screensaver. I mean, what ever key u press screensaver cannot be dismissed. somehow managed to pop up finder and then used forced quit and saw that safari is not responding.

quit safari. then wifi went off and system started to behave very slow. I had to restart to get back wifi and the normal speed. afraid whether any virus has attached my mac!!! (since i havent used a mac before and used windows for last 7 years).

Can some one advice please.... :[

Specs: Macbook pro 13, 2.26ghz, 160 Gb, 2 gb, snow leopard..

thanks in advance......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What upgrade did you do, was it RAM or the OS?

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it was the Os upgrade. The automatic upgrade poped up and i clicked on yes. System eventually restarted. that was almost 2 - 3 days back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
what OS X version? 10.5.x or 10.6.x ?

Reaction score
mac pro 13

I am getting the same mac pro 13 that you describe. Its somewhere in transit. I have had many Dells and the latest one is a studio 15 filled with the many options offered including Windows 7 . Why switch to a mac now? I am setting up a firewire recording studio. My sound engineer/salesman said I should be ok, etc. and I also bought another interface. I am excited about this switch. I have many Windows Pc's gathering dust. I see that mac pro has some issues, well so what !......I'll keep my fingers crossed and see what happens. One thing I know that I plan on is not using this mac for all the daily stuff that I use my dell units. I use a gx270 with XP for that and I never turn it off. A laptop mac or pc is like fancy jewerly that you should'nt wear it outside much or take a shower with. I'll post here as soon as the issues start......:Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I am getting the same mac pro 13 that you describe. Its somewhere in transit. I have had many Dells and the latest one is a studio 15 filled with the many options offered including Windows 7 . Why switch to a mac now? I am setting up a firewire recording studio. My sound engineer/salesman said I should be ok, etc. and I also bought another interface. I am excited about this switch. I have many Windows Pc's gathering dust. I see that mac pro has some issues, well so what !......I'll keep my fingers crossed and see what happens. One thing I know that I plan on is not using this mac for all the daily stuff that I use my dell units. I use a gx270 with XP for that and I never turn it off. A laptop mac or pc is like fancy jewerly that you should'nt wear it outside much or take a shower with. I'll post here as soon as the issues start......:Cool:

Firstly, your post doesn't belong in this thread, you should be starting your own thread in the laptops section of mac forums.
When you hear about all the people that are having problems, you are hearing of a minority. Majority of users don't report when things are running smoothly!

If your car is running glitch free, do you ring the dealers & mechanics & share the news?
Do you send articles to newspapers and magazines?

Macs are the most stable reliable computers on the market, as well as being great for many specifics such as music, and if you didn't believe this, you wouldn't have ordered one.

The general consensus from users that have switched to Mac, is "I can't believe I waited so long!"

In the years that I have been using Macs, I have had No problems!
I record music, and teach guitar, and my macbook goes every with me.
I don't have it wrapped in cotton wool or bubble wrap.

With basic regular self maintenance, and being sensible about what you download, and what sites you visit, the odds are in your favor of being another user wondering why you took so long to make the switch!

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks 6string for helping.... i think the problem is solved for the time .. as this error is has not come up again..

macabee7... i am satisified with mac... and its great piece of technology. The error i encountered may be due to a faulty line, a faulty router or it can be a faulty software update. that happens.. after using wind for nearly 10 years... i feel mac is good for my daily tasks and presentations. I do have nfs mostwanted, etc loaded.. along with MS office Mac 2008. never felt any issues so far other than office mac once had some issues, which was solved after updating the office.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.