att taking the blame for the iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
That seems counter intuitive to what most folks, like myself and the author of the article, would think. Then again, it focused on the data network and not the voice network. Voice is where I, personally, have the most issues with AT&T, never had an issue with data to be honest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I don't have At&t,But I hope this doesn't turn into a blame game.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged similar threads.

Reaction score
This is all clearly AT/Ts problem. There is an obvious degredation in service quality surrounding the release dates of new iPhones which shows that it has everything to do with at/t not able to handle high volumes of iphone traffic

Reaction score
it does not appear that anyone paid attention to this bit in the article. I copied it straight from
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/business/13digi.html?_r=1&ref=technology

True AT&T's network needs some big improvements, but so does the iPhone, its been buggy since day 1 and Apple has NOT fixed all the problems with it which still cause iPhone owners to have problems which they feel is AT&T's fault, when its actually Apple's problem. There are tons of other 3G devices that do NOT have the poor voice quality/signal strength and dropped call issues that the iPhone has.

"When I set about looking for independent data, however, to confirm the superior performance of Verizon’s network, I was astonished to discover that I had managed to get things exactly wrong. Despite the well-publicized problems in New York and San Francisco, AT&T seems to have the superior network nationwide.

And the iPhone itself may not be so great after all. Its design is contributing to performance problems.

Roger Entner, senior vice president for telecommunications research at Nielsen, said the iPhone’s “air interface,” the electronics in the phone that connect it to the cell towers, had shortcomings that “affect both voice and data.” He said that in the eyes of the consumer, “the iPhone has the nimbus of infallibility, ergo, it’s AT&T’s fault.” AT&T does not publicly defend itself because it will not criticize Apple under any circumstances, he said. AT&T and Apple both declined to comment on Mr. Entner’s assessments."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.