No Startup Disk Options on snow leopard

Reaction score
I've been researching this topic for quite some time now, I haven't been able to find a solid answer on the net. My Mac Pro doesn't show any startup disk options. It only has the Network Startup option. Everytime I startup I have to use the option key and it takes about 2 minutes before it shows my mac disk and windows disk (have bootcamp installed). This actually started happening right after I installed bootcamp. Is there a way to get both my mac os x and windows startup disks back? I tried verifying and repairing my disk, still did not work, resetting pram, not sure what else to do. I don't really want to reinstall my os.

Thanks for any help, here's an image of what I'm talking about.

startup_disk_issue.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's a strange one. The only thing I can suggest is try booting your Mac Pro with the Snow Leopard DVD and select Disk Utility from the top menu "Utilities". Run "repair permissions" if you have not already tried that. Let's see if that will work to get things back in order.

If that doesn't work, you may be looking at a reinstall of Snow Leopard. Shouldn't be that bad to do if you have a good Time Machine backup.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.