Not waking up for sleep mode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" (mid-09) | Specs:(2.26Ghz CPU,2gb ram, 160gb HD, Nvidia 9400m 256mb DDR3)
MacBook Pro Running warm while in "Sleep Mode"

My MBP has always ran a little warm, but not during sleep mode.

Now when i close the lid, and come back later to open it back up i notice that its incredibly warm sometimes.

This does not occur all the time, usually after going to sleep mode for a long period of time its cool to the touch when starting back up.

I also have issues with it not waking up for sleep mode, sometimes the log in screen will come up but on occasion i had to hit the power button to bring it up.

I took it to the apple store and they told me that i should reinstall the OSX 10.6 and they also deleted the sleepimage located under /var/vm folder. But that doesn't seem to have worked.

I ran the extensive hardware test and it came up with no errors.

I need some help because this is my first mac and my first laptop, and i want to have it for a long time.

I know extensive heat can cause premature wear and tear on pc components so that's why im a little worried.

For anyone interested here are the MBP specs:

MacBook Pro 13" Mid-09 5.5:

Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.2
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26ghz (P7550)
2Gb Ram
160GB HD (5400ram)
Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Date Purchased: August 28, 2009

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.