AT and T DSL troubles

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I need some help with my internet connection. My mom set up with AT and T DSL, she has a Toshiba PC Laptop and her speed is 5 MBPS. All of the PCs in my house run at 5 MBPS. My mac, though runs at 400 KBPS at best, all of our computers have a wireless configuration.

One solution is to plug the mac in using an ethernet cable, but I need to be next to a phone plug, or get a massive ethernet cable since the plug is on the other side of the house.

So does anyone have any suggestions on how to get better access to the internet other than ethernet? I have a 2008 imac desktop with intel processor that has a STANDARD airport. Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
How is your signal? You might be too far away or you could have a bad AirPort card. Move the iMac closer and see what happens. Otherwise, Google for a wireless range extender.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.