How to mount a .iso file as a disk image

Reaction score
I have a programme file in the form of an .iso image, but to install the programme it needs to be recognised as a CD in the drive.

Iv tried to do this via terminal via the hdiutil mount (file).iso command but that didnt work. I'v also tried the disk utility application, which also didn't work - suprisingly.

Any ideas on how i can do this without buying 'Toast'.

Cheers guys

Reaction score
I have a programme file in the form of an .iso image, but to install the programme it needs to be recognised as a CD in the drive.

Iv tried to do this via terminal via the hdiutil mount (file).iso command but that didnt work. I'v also tried the disk utility application, which also didn't work - suprisingly.

Cheers guys

It should be automatically mounted when you insert the CD. Check the left edge of the Finder window, it should show up. Here is a screen shot of my finder a few seconds after inserting a disk with Ubuntu 9.10 iso:

Screen shot 2009-12-12 at 1.39.12 PM.png

OP
C
Reaction score
the file is not a cd though!!

its a .iso image file which i wish to mount as a cd before i open the programme.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I'v also tried the disk utility application, which also didn't work - suprisingly.

Cheers guys
Disk Utility should have worked just fine.

What is the .iso an image of and where did you get it from?

Reaction score
the file is not a cd though!!

its a .iso image file which i wish to mount as a cd before i open the programme.

Even easier. If you right click on it (I'm not actually sure of that, on my MBP I click the trackpad with two fingers) one option is to open it with DiskImageMounter app. Give that a shot and report back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.