pc speakers to mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Speakers are speakers. Of course.

Doug

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What brand and model are the speakers? What plugs do they use to plug into the computer?

OP
W
Reaction score
Boston spks desktop plug into bass base plugs into back of pc with spkr jacks
Im sorry I dont know the tech word (they are round like stereo jacks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
How many plugs are there to plug into the computer? If it's just one green plug, plug it into the headphone jack on the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
If they are the thin silver-looking connectors, those are 3.5mm jacks. Is that a somewhat green color? If so, then you can directly plug that into the audio jack on the MacBook Pro. The bass (subwoofer) is connected through your speakers, not your MB Pro.

I'm guessing that the bass plugs into your electrical wall outlet, connect your speakers to the bass, then there is a single wire with a green end (with the small silver connection I described). Plug that into your MB Pro and your speakers and bass (subwoofer) will be fully functional.

Sorry for my lack of technical terms as well, I do not remember a lot about audio cables :p

Hope this helps you out.

OP
W
Reaction score
There is a green and a pink
The green pic is spkr and mic the pink is spkr
I unhooked the pink and it still works
!!! Will hooking this system into my mac harm it
Thank you for your time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
The reason I said what I did was because I just assumed that since he was/is using a Gateway computer, that he wasn't using special studio monitors or any kind of interface with a bi-wired configuration or any other fancy deal. His last answer summed up the obvious though.

No, it will not harm your Mac in any way. But one question, are you able to just remove the chord from the speakers and use just a single chord (one you'd buy at Radioshack) instead of that split one? If so, then it's fine.

It would be helpful if you could post a photo of these speakers, too.

Doug

Reaction score
You dont need to worry about it . it wont create problem. first check if there any power surge. it may create problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.