Airport can no longer see Belkin wireless network

Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping someone can help, as have searched various forums and have got nowhere!

My parents installed a Belkin WPA2 router for when I visit so that I can work from their home. When they first installed it, Airport found the network, I entered a password and joined.

The next time I visited, I could no longer see the network, even when typing it in manually. However, my sister sat next to me on her laptop had no problem at all. The only thing that is different on my laptop is that I installed a Sierra wireless dongle - which I have now removed to see if this was causing an issue.

I have made sure my firewall is turned off, I have tried creating a new location, I have called Belkin... can anyone help me? I am getting terribly frustrated!!!

Thank you,
Chloe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Never ever found a dongle that will work properly yet alas. Go through all your network settings and see if the dongle changed anything. Next open her laptop System preferences, and yours, and see what is different. Are you able to connect to the Belkin via a cable?

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately my sister and the laptop are not here on this occasion, but if I haven't found a cure by Christmas, I will have to take a look at her settings!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.