Logitech Z-2300

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2010 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 320M
Hi, i am looking for a good set of computer speakers that need to be 2.1 and have a good subwoofer and great quality speakers the two that i have seen are the Bose companion 3's and the Logitech Z-2300's both 2.1 both roughly the same price range (z2300's are $100AUD cheaper) but i cant find many reviews on them, so i was hoping someone with any of these speakers could just tell me if they high quality and good bass.

The Logitech Z-2300's
Z-2300 2.1 Speaker System

The bose Companion 3's
Bose Companion 3 Multimedia Powered Speaker System - Computer Speakers - Computer Sound Systems - Bose Multimedia Speakers

If any of you know a great pair of 2.1 pc speakers that would be great if you could tell me them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I've never heard a pair of Logitec's which made me say "wow, those are nice", and I've heard quite a lot of them. The first terms which come to mind are: lifeless, dull, rolled off upper mids, mushy bass, colored (in not such a nice way) and probably sterile.

I usually tend to think of Bose in the same way however, and would rather have a Logitech system than ANYTHING from that overpriced, status symbol only company, Bose. Their stuff is far past the point of overpriced junk. And their patents ? lol. laughable at best that they pay someone with a PhD to slap a certified stamp on their patented plastic junk...

And with that out of the way.. there are certainly a couple of better choices out there for $300. And don't fool yourself. They do NOT have to be a 2.1 system in order to get clean and powerful enough bass to fill a room. In fact, most subwoofers like the ones you'll see in Creative or Logitec systems only make things sound pretty bad IMO.

What would I recommend ?

Harman Kardon SoundSticks II - Apple Store (U.S.)

I got to audition these with some personal FLAC's of mine and they performed very admirably ! Especially considering that the pair I had tested prior to them were these:

Focal XS Satellite Speakers - Apple Store (U.S.)

And don't think that just because they're expensive, this is the only reason they sound ****ed good. They were pretty awesome and I suspect that their design and dock integration have something to do with the price.

If I had the money to spend though, I'd personally go with some studio monitors. Perhaps some Genelec's KRK's or ADAM's. But those are definitely $$$

But if all you're looking for is a standard 2.1. system, those Harman Kardon Soundstick II's are what I would recommend.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.