How to get the best out of your battery

Reaction score
I have a relatively new MacBook Pro (about 2 months old). Just last week I started to notice the laptop getting hot when it's running on the battery. Wondering if anyone has some simple tips to keep the battery from dying a sudden death (like my PowerBook G4 did) and anything I can do to prevent it overheating?

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
Im not sure if any of those guides mention it but typically with batteries it is best to drain them all the way to 0% completely dead and let them fully charge to 100% uninterrupted, time to time.

With how often your battery is taken off charge at halfway and charged to 80% then off again, its typically not good for the battery health and its charge memory.

I could be wrong with laptops, but I always assume the same is true with laptop batteries as with most other batteries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Im not sure if any of those guides mention it but typically with batteries it is best to drain them all the way to 0% completely dead and let them fully charge to 100% uninterrupted, time to time.

With how often your battery is taken off charge at halfway and charged to 80% then off again, its typically not good for the battery health and its charge memory.

I could be wrong with laptops, but I always assume the same is true with laptop batteries as with most other batteries.
Both of the links regarding battery calibration do suggest that you run the batter dry, then fully recharge it.

Also, Lithium-ions (of any kind) do NOT suffer from charge memory effect.
On the contrary, if you completely drain a Lithium-ion battery too often, it might just fall into deep discharge state and fail to recharge far faster than you recharge from partial usage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
Also, Lithium-ions (of any kind) do NOT suffer from charge memory effect.
On the contrary, if you completely drain a Lithium-ion battery too often, it might just fall into deep discharge state and fail to recharge far faster than you recharge from partial usage.

good to know. thanks. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.