Mini Firewire issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Pro 2.26, 4GB Ram, 160GB HD, WD 2TB, 24" ACD. iPad 64GB 3G. iPhone 4 32GB Unlocked.
All,
I seem to have an issue with my 2.0 Mini. I plugged in my 500GB firewire external HD (no power adapter needed) to my mini to copy some files over, no problems, copied fine. but in the process of plugging in my headphones to the back of the mini I unplugged the mini while it was on by accident. I simply plugged it back in and hit power and it came back to life without the external hard drive showing up on the desktop. I have another FW drive I tried as well and it doesn't show up either. They both show up USB so I'm certain its not the drives.

I googled my issue as well and several sites say to reset the PRAM, and I have attempted to do so however I don't think it worked as I have the Apple bluetooth keyboard, and don't have a wired one here yet.

is there any other way to do this with the BT keyboard or perhaps another fix for this?

Thanks,
Shawn

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't believe that you can effectively reset the PRAM - NVRAM from a BT keyboard. You probably are going to need a wired keyboard to see if that resolves your problem. However, you do not necessarily need to wait until you purchase an Apple wired keyboard. You can use a keyboard from a PC provided it's USB connected. (not PS-2)

You will need to know what keys to press on the PC keyboard though:

Command = Windows Key

Option = Alt

P = P

R = R

Let us know.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.