Printing with a Xerox Docucolor 252

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" Imac, as well as a Mac Mini
So we're running a printing business, and just switched out the PC we had since it crashed from a virus finally, and we're having problems with printing. It seems that printing wise, the communication between Mac and Printer, is sending different signals.

For example, we're printing a double sided document, and cutting it for the client. The first side comes out right, the 2nd side comes out a 1/8th of an inch off, so when we try to cut we're cutting off parts of the document.

Just curious if anyone is running a similar setup or having problems with printing double sided objects.

Kaleo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 1.03 TB Fusion Drive
Nice machine. Have the tech come in and check duplex registration for the machine first as it may be off. Do you have a bustled controller or stand alone controller? Do you have the latest drivers? Get Command Work Station 5 from EFI. Its lets you make adjustments.

http://www.efi.com/cws5/

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" Imac, as well as a Mac Mini
we have the current version of CWS I believe loaded, all I know is the print server is built into the machine, so I dont know bout the controller. Latest drivers have been uploaded, supposedly the xerox guy doesnt know what the problem is either. I havent seen the problem up close, this is my father-in-law's business, just trying to lend a hand.

How do I make adjustments through CWS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 1.03 TB Fusion Drive
Heres a few links to some good forums for help:

PrintPlanet

EFI Fiery Forums - Powered by vBulletin

You have to narrow it down. When the tech makes duplex prints from his internal patterns is the registration good? If good then the machine is ok. I would then try printing from different apps to see if the problem is with a particular application you are printing from.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.