Force Eject Disc

Reaction score
Okay, so my computer is a 2.1 ghz core 2 duo white plastic macbook. It is currently running with a standard apple combo drive. I'm trying to install windows via boot camp, but the only version I have of windows is an upgrade version - which means that half way through the installation I need to REMOVE THE INSTALL DISC and replace it with an OLDER VERSION OF WINDOWS. So, how can I force my machine to eject the Disc without shutting it down?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
You can't as far as I know.
On some machines there used to be a pin *** that you could use a paper clip in, but not on yours to the best of my knowledge.
Why do you need to do what you say? It seems the wrong way around to me.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hmm... I might need to look for another way to install windows.

I need to get the disc out as the only version of windows I have is an upgrade version. This means that it will only install windows XP if you already own an older version of windows. To make sure you do own an older version of windows, the install program requires that I physically remove the install disc from the hard-drive and replace it with my older version of windows's install disc. As it has no software eject control and apple (in their infinite design wisdom :Not-Amused:) decided not to give me a hardware eject button, I cant remove the disc. I'm just looking for a way to get the disc out.

Seriously, why dont they just connect the eject button on the keyboard as a hardware eject button? jeeeze!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
There is a way to do this. Install the OS first.

OP
S
Reaction score
Boot camp didnt want to start the windows installer for windows 95. How would I get around this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Boot Camp will only install XP Service Pack 2 on up.

Here's some more info that could help you. If you need Windows on your Mac, you could try calling Best Buy or other computer stores to see if they still have XP Service Pack 2, or you could get Vista or Windows 7.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.