Custom Nightstand Dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook, Iphone 3G 8GB
Hey all. This is my first post and im looking for all your help. Im looking to create a custom charging dock for my iphone that will go on my nightstand and keep the phone in the horizontal position. I use the "alarm clock pro" app as my alarm clock and so i like to keep my phone horizontal as it makes the clock numbers larger. I have seen many examples of custom docks but not too many horizontal ones. anybody who has one or has an idea for one feel free to share ive been tryin to come up with some ideas. i can pretty much find anything im sure so if you've got an idea. share away!

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I don't know if I would call it custom but this is what I use to do what you are trying to do. I connect it to a Sony speaker dock and to hold the phone I use the the stand that came with my incase slider.

It's work for me fo 18 months

Dock Extender Cable - CableJive

hope it helps
clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
That may very well work but I like this better. It's the best hard case I have used and it doesn't have those wings on it. Slides in and out of your pocket perfectly well and gas saved all my iPhones from falls. Note the stand it comes with.

Clay

Slider Case for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G : Incase Product

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Xstand for iPhone. I have one for my desk and if you take off the little plastic "feet" that hold the iphone, it will even fit with a case on it.

1253872918_xtand-iphone-1-plain.jpg

Reaction score
I found myself in the same situation, so I bought a 6' usb extension cable (much cheaper than buying a 30 pin dock extender cable), hooked that up to my sync cable, and bent a paper clip so that it held up my phone at just the right angle. Works great, and only spent a couple bucks down at walmart on the cable. Hope that helped.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.