NAS Questions

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Just recently I mounted my NAS once with the name and once with the IP address. Now, I can't delete the entry with the IP address. I tried to click on the little triangle and this solved the problem temporarily but after the restart both entries were displayed again.
I know this is not a tragedy but somehow it is disturbing me!!

Does anyone have an idea how I permanently delete one entry?
The screenshot is in German but I think this is easily translated

Also: How do I mount a NAS??

When I do smb://MyNas I don't see the NAS on my desktop as drive I only see the NAS in Finder! What's wrong??

Thanks a lot!!
Georg

Freigaben.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
if you see the NAS in finder, it's mounted. Your desktop is just another folder in the filesystem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
If you see it in the Finder click the Connect As button and use the credentials required by the NAS. Once authenticated you will be given a list of shares. Once a share is selected the item in the Finder will have an eject symbol to the right of it.
Depending on you Finder preferences mounted drives may or may not show up on the Desktop.

Most NAS devices can be configured through a web interface by entering their IP address into Safari's address bar. Consult the documentation supplied with the NAS.

OP
G
Reaction score
If you see it in the Finder click the Connect As button and use the credentials required by the NAS. Once authenticated you will be given a list of shares. Once a share is selected the item in the Finder will have an eject symbol to the right of it.
Depending on you Finder preferences mounted drives may or may not show up on the Desktop.

Most NAS devices can be configured through a web interface by entering their IP address into Safari's address bar. Consult the documentation supplied with the NAS.

Hi MacWorks

That sounds great!! How/where do I find those Finder preferences??

Thanks for the help,
Georg

EDIT: Just found the solution!!

Reaction score
I'm confused.
You see the NAS in your finder - Right?
If you open the finder (double click on your hard drive from your desktop) it might look something like this:

In my case, "davao" is a NAS. It has 16 shares and I'm connected to 3 (see the little arrows?). If I highlight "Music", I see a list of all of the folders on that share.

See all of those names under "SHARED"? Those are all NAS. As a matter of fact, "bagio" is an old SnapServer 4100.

My guess: You never configured an shares on your NAS.

Screen shot 2009-12-14 at 1.33.23 PM.png

Reaction score
It's going to be in a .plist file somewhere in your user directory Library. Possibly preferences for saved servers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.