Uninstall Windows

Reaction score
Ok load Windows and now want it completely removed from my system. I think I have taken it off...but where would I check to make sure it is not there anymore?

Reaction score
If you installed it using Boot Camp, the way to get rid of it is to go into Boot Camp Assistant and select the "restore" option - which will get rid of the partition and everything on it, including Windows and your programs/data.

If you tried to delete it some other way, you likely still have a partition and some Windows information on there. Try using the BCA.

OP
M
Reaction score
I loaded it through Fusion2. I deleted Fusion 2 and thought it would deleate the Windows at the same time. I don't think it did. I can't see Windows anymore but that is because Fusion has been deleted. So how can i go an ensure that Windows is off my system.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you just deleted the Fusion program, the Windows VM is still intact and taking up space. I haven't used Fusion is quite some time and have forgotten where it stores the VM and other VM related files.

Try doing a SpotLight search to see if you can find where they are stored and then manually delete them. The Windows VM file will be large - the same size you originally assigned to it.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps someone else will reply with the exact location of the VM files.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
If you just deleted the Fusion program, the Windows VM is still intact and taking up space. I haven't used Fusion is quite some time and have forgotten where it stores the VM and other VM related files.

Try doing a SpotLight search to see if you can find where they are stored and then manually delete them. The Windows VM file will be large - the same size you originally assigned to it.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps someone else will reply with the exact location of the VM files.

Regards.

How do i do a Spotlight search? I am new to MAC and am having problems finding things. I know Windows is still on there. Just don't know how to take it off......

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
How do i do a Spotlight search? I am new to MAC and am having problems finding things. I know Windows is still on there. Just don't know how to take it off......

Click on the magnifying glass at the upper right corner of your screen and start typing in the name of the virtual machine. It should show you any remnants of the install.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Reaction score
Of course he can't do that because he already deleted Fusion. If the Spotlight approach doesn't work, the simplest thing might be to reinstall Fusion, then follow those instructions. The reinstall should detect your virtual machine. Once you delete the VM from within Fusion, you can delete Fusion again. Should work, although personally I have not tried it.

Good luck.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Sorry I didn't clarify that a bit more. It should be possible to skip step one since that has already been deleted and perform steps two and three.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.