Garageband not incl. in Snowleopard when upgrading from tiger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2ghz,1 GB, 250 gig
Hey folks,
I bought the SL upgrade last month,and did clean install from Tiger. I know this is slightly cheeky,but it works. Garageband is not incl.. I tried installing the Garageband version that came with my Tiger install DVD from when I got the MB. But it wont install. Is this meant to be,or is there a software issue. Can I get Garageband legaly from somewhere else ? Or semi legal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
If I had to strictly guess, it may be a software issue. The version of GarageBand may not be supported on SL (just a guess here), I would suggest going to the Apple Store (or online store) and buying iLife '09, so while upgrading GarageBand to the current version, you will also upgrade all other iLife applications.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Guess that's one reason why technically you're supposed to buy the new iLife as part of your SL upgrade from a non-Leopard OS. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.