quite a few kernel panics and beachballs

Reaction score
hi, im new to this and new to macbooks after recently converting, definately love my macbook to pieces though ive started having a problem.

ive recieved quite a few kernel panics and had to reset my computer quite a few times maybe even up to a few times a day and this happens during anything its no particular link or file or anything.

i also do an online course thing and they've brought in this new system were assignments need to be uploaded and submitted on there site, the first two times i did it, it seemed ok i saw a beachball or two but thought it was me doing something.
now i cant upload my third assignment because everytime i enter submit i get the dreaded beachball and then i cant do anything else with safari, the whole computer doesnt crash just safari but it stops me doing anything and i have to manually turn my computer off.

My teacher says its my computer, though personally i think its a shoddy website, does anyone know why this is happening, should i get it checked out, or is it the website not allowing me to upload onto it.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Download Onyx (versiontracker.com is a reliable source) check all the boxes under Automated, and run all the maintenance routines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Could also be a number of other things ~ any new memory installed lately, hard drive failing, PRAM battery if fitted failing etc. and the turning of the computer off does sound like a hardware problem.

If you have the original install discs, pop in disc one, boot holding down the option key, select Apple Hardware Test and run the extended test. This will diagnose memory, logic board, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.