OSX 10.2: Upgrading but keeping access to Classic?

Reaction score
Hi there, apologies if this has been asked and answered before, I tried searching but couldn't find quite what I was looking for.

I use a G4 dual processor (Mirrored Drive Doors) currently runnoing OSX 10.2.8

I am thinking of upgrading to OSX 10.5 Leopard (I believe this is the highest upgrade I can achieve with my non-Intel processors). The problem I have is that I believe OSX 10.5 does not support classic mode. I have an old version of Adobe photoshop that I currently use in Classic mode and if I was to upgrade I would still like to be able to use it.

Is there any way of upgrading to 10.5 but still being able to use my photoshop software in Classic mode?

Many thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
In short, no.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I am thinking of upgrading to OSX 10.5 Leopard ... OSX 10.5 does not support classic mode. Is there any way of upgrading to 10.5 but still being able to use my photoshop software in Classic mode?

As answered by baggss, but is there any particular reason why you want to move to Leopard as opposed to Tiger? OS 10.4.11 would give you several of the features continued in Lpd, as well as the Classic mode.

Another option with your machine is to run a second (small, eg. 80 Gb) hard drive with dedicated OS 9 on it. I have a G3 b/w with just that facility. You could then use your main hard drive, with maximum RAM, to run Lpd.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.