where is xcode?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
after having tiger installed since friday i have just started to look for xcode. i used spotlight and nothing came up. did i forget to install it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Its on the same disc you used to install Tiger, it is in a separate folder. Insert the Tiger install CD into your Mac and you will see 4 things in there. There are two readme files, The Tiger Install Icon and a folder of extra stuff. In this folder you will find the Developers Tools that include the new script editor, xcode 2 and more. Just double click on the bundle pkg and install it.

Reaction score
if you dont mind me asking, what is xcode and what does it do... is it like a visual basic kind of thing for mac ?

OP
macman88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
do you think there is going to be any compatibility issues when going from xcode 2 to the xcode on panther. in school they are still using the panther xcode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
macman88 said:
do you think there is going to be any compatibility issues when going from xcode 2 to the xcode on panther. in school they are still using the panther xcode.

Nope, both play nice with each other. Before I put Tiger on my iMac (already had it on my PowerBook) I tested a couple scripts I had done and they worked perfectly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.