iTunes won't let me add songs to playlists!!!

Reaction score
Not sure where's best to post this so I'm doing it in this section.
In iTunes, when I highlight a song and drag it to the list of playlists, it doesn't give me the +1 sign and let me add them. I can't add any songs to any playlists! What's going on here?! :(

Reaction score
this JUST happened to me too! idk what's going on but itunes suddenly stopped letting me drag and drop songs into my playlists. but i just discovered that you can right-click a song and then choose "add to playlist" and then you just choose which playlist to add that song to lol. i hope this helps you!

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I can't drag, so I have to copy the song from my main music list than paste in the playlist of choice. What gives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Which version(s) of iTunes? I can't drag and drop either - iTunes version 7.6.2 (can't be bothered with updates). Not a problem for me, but I wanted to try and replicate the issue.

I take it from agurlnamedgoo's post that s/he used to be able to drag and drop into Playlist. Could it simply be that the latest version of iTunes has had that function discontinued? The R-click facility still applies, though only to Limewire in my case - I never use it.

Then again, it could be an OS permission issue. Run Onyx Titanium Software appropriate to your OS version, to repair permissions and activate maintenance scripts.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi again, Elenatalo.

You are being very diligent, as in your last post today, but once again, this thread started 7-8 years' ago. Things have moved on including several versions of iOS.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.