Bluetooth Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
Hey guys, I'm new here so if I do anything wrong please correct me. This is actually my first thread. :D Anyway, I've recently bought and iBook G4 with Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8. I also bought a bluetooth USB dongle the make of which I do not know, so I have included some pictures (sorry if they're blurry). As of today, the bluetooth dongle has stopped working. If it makes any difference, the laptop came with OS X Tiger, and i upgraded to Leopard a couple days ago. I don't think it would be that though, as I just used the dongle yesterday with Leopard. Any help would be appreciated, thanks ;D

Edit: If this cannot be fixed what bluetooth USB dongle would you recommend?

IMG_2559.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2560.jpg
    IMG_2560.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Did you go to Bluetooth in System Preferences to make sure that Bluetooth is still turned on? If so, try uninstalling, then reinstalling your Bluetooth devices. If that doesn't do it, my guess would be that the dongle is dead.

OP
OMNOMNOMLOL
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The bluetooth pane doesn't appear in my system preferences, and the bluetooth tab is hidden from me in the network settings because it (the computer) doesn't recognize my device. Also, the dongle worked without the driver initially, but because the driver CD is one of those half-size things, my computer spits it out when i try to insert it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Are there drivers available to be downloaded on the device's site?

OP
OMNOMNOMLOL
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I couldn't answer that because I don't know what the device's make or maker is, therefore i can't find the website. No clues from the CD either, all it says is Bluetooth Driver.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.