reinstallation of mac os x- macbook is unable to read 2nd installtion disc

Reaction score
how are tricks gang

hope yer are well

i have just made an attempt at reinstalling mac os x Tiger on my macbook there and it was going fine until i inserted the second installation CD.

It just does not read the 2nd disc, on visual inspection, the 2nd disc looks fine, but its clear that the drive is drying to read it but just cant.

Any ideas what I can do in this situation?

I just wanna be able to use my mac again, it dont matter what OS im running, i dont care anymore!

nice one

Ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
You can install Mac OS X without even using the second disk, but it will leave you without any of the bundled software, such as iLife. Still it is better to have a working system. Begin the installation process again, and right after selecting the disk to install to, you should see a button that says "Customize". Deselect everything but the essential system software, basically everything that isn't grayed out. It will install just the base system. Note you will still have all the default applications, just not the bundled software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.