• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Google Wave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
Wavers (I think...),

Can you send an actual e-mail to other users, much less people not on google wave using your wave account?

Can you receive e-mails from other people (on wave or other service) on your google wave account?

What I am getting at is getting rid of my g-mail account and strictly using google wave. I hate having more e-mail accounts than necessary.

Leland

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
"Wavers" . . . sounds nice ;D

I do not know... my @gmail account automatically changes to @googlewave when I sign in, but I do not receive notifications in Gmail when someone replies to or creates a wave.

The @googlewave address may just be used for Google Wave.

Now, if all your email contacts were using Google Wave, then yes you could definitely substitute Gmail for Google Wave, and I believe that is the purpose for Google Wave, to act as a substitute for regular email.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I've been trying to figure out google wave...I won't lie, it's pretty confusing to understand!

T

todd51

I haven't looked into it a whole lot just yet. Just sent out a few invites here and there. I plan on experiencing it a lot more whenever my friends setup some Gmail accounts along with Wave. So far it looks pretty nice. I'm sure they'll start integrating it into Chrome.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.