• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

So left out...

D

Desolate One

I haven't picked up Tiger yet and am feeling a bit left out. I can't contribute or help as much as I would like with the big Tiger boom. So lets here it for all the Panther users out there. C'mon, speak up! Who else out there hasn't upgraded yet!? :mac:

Reaction score
I haven't upgraded either, I think I am going to wait till I just buy a new Apple to get it, those new iMac are awesome and I could get one equiped the way I wanted from the local apple store making it perfect for an impulse buy.

OP
D

Desolate One

Impulse buy, heh. That's how I found myself a Mac user! Huzzah for impulse buys!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am planning on buying new hardware, upon the sale of my house. So I am waiting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I am waiting til I have the money, so in a few weeks or so, I should have it.

OP
D

dlisle20

i've got tiger, not much change from panther - i would say I was ripped off a bit and everyone is exadurating on how good it is

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I am waiting until the end of the month to purchase tiger.. and then Ill wait until either the .1 or .2 release depending on what I see on the boards :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i am waiting for .2 or .3 at least. then most of teh bugs will be fixed and i will have the money

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I can't upgrade until BT release new drivers for their modem that are compatible with Tiger. Pretty pissed that they haven't already actually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I have only updated one of my computers, my powerbook, my ibook is still on panther because there isnt enough hd space, and ill take my G5 in eventually to get upgraded and tiger tinkering

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
no tiger here yet, i think i might wait for .2 or .3 as well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
I have no reasons nor interest in upgrading right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
rman said:
I am planning on buying new hardware, upon the sale of my house. So I am waiting.

I also won't be upgrading until I get new hardware. Which will be about a month or two, from the looks of it.

Panther is still a solid, proven OS. If it did what you needed last week, it should still do what you need today.

OP
S

Steel02001

Much like the others, waiting for .2 or possible wait an extra month or two (or at least that is what it seems like) and get whatever comes after tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
Im peeved that our newest MAC is so new, we havent even had the time or money to upgrade RAM yet, and Apple wants me to pay for an OS upgrade, I dont think so, too many other computer "things" on the financial agenda

someday probably :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.