New Adium

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
shaun89 said:
ichat can use msn!? even with video chat ?
I know several people doing this, its ichat that does it, but ichat using jabber portals allows ichat to use the other clients like yahoo and as a feature of ichat, you can use video chat with these other services. I haven't tried it myself yet, as I don't have tiger yet, or an isight.

Reaction score
so your acutaly on an AIM account, but are talking to msn contacts ? What is a jabber portal.

thanks for the help by the way.

OP
Stephanella
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
For the record, I am file transferring on Adium file, both to and from PCs and Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Well then what is going on :( Everytime I try to send something to a PC friend it says that I cancelled the request on his side.. then when he tries sending it to me and I have auto accept on.. or off, it will just stay there, not doing a thing. I have no had one successful transfer yet. That's the same with Proteus also, which I used up until this last release of Adium.

OP
Stephanella
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
Murlyn, and all, there is a new update available at http://www.adiumx.com
This came out on Friday and it should help you with file transfer. You can try it...

Reaction score
What's wrong w/ iChat? Only problem I see is not being able to make profiles...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
even after the latest adium update, transfers don't work, adium to adium or otherwise.

D

d-funct

Try getting rid of the Adium 2.0 folder in your user libary (make sure you back up all the logs + other cool stuff you installed) and re-launch it ... seems to work for me most times :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
finally. file transfer status window!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!
i like aim the best. Granted compared to the windows version some features are missing, but there are some features that windows doesn't have such as logging of ims which is really handy. Also the ability to talk to people while your away message is on. I disagree with the person who said that im developers stopped caring about mac os x. AIM is definitely designed for osx case in point the dock icon with the options. I recently had a problem but I believe it had to do with aims servers. Yahoo messenger is also redone for os x and I believe its pretty nice. I think ichat is terrible as far as the interface and stuff. I just am so used to aim and that's what I will be sticking with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.