Future iPod owner has questions!

J

JSchultz

Hey Guys, forgive my newbness..

I'll be getting an iPod for my birthday, and I have some questions about what it will and wont do.

1.) I know there are programs out there that you can use to get music you put onto your ipod back onto your computer...sort of a shuttle, if you will. Right? It would seem useful for people like me who only have a 20gb hdd, but 15 gb of music.

2.) I dont like CD's, how if you're listening to a live concert, and after a track ends, they have a second of silence while its accessing the next track...I know iTunes has the fade function (I love it!) where the next track blends with the current or it fades to the next. I like the steady stream..can you do this on the iPod?

Thats it for now! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
if you go into the info panel and then options it will say start time and stop time. you could shorten up the song.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
JSchultz said:
2.) I dont like CD's, how if you're listening to a live concert, and after a track ends, they have a second of silence while its accessing the next track...I know iTunes has the fade function (I love it!) where the next track blends with the current or it fades to the next. I like the steady stream..can you do this on the iPod?

You can't fade together across individual tracks while playing songs on the iPod, but you can rip tracks together so the songs don't have pauses between them. I did this with Dark Side of the Moon, ELP's Tarkus, and Kirsty MacColl's "Alegria" and "Us Amazonians." :)

Put your CD in, highlight the tracks you want to join, and then choose Advanced-->Join Tracks. iTunes will create a track with the songs you've joined together.

Reaction score
macman88 said:
if you go into the info panel and then options it will say start time and stop time. you could shorten up the song.
Shortening the songs will just make the track shorter; it won't actually fade two tracks together. However, caribiner23' suggestion makes sense. You could use iTunes to created a "Joined Track".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.