Iphone 3gs backup

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I make sure to always back up my iphone but what happens if my iphone gets lost/stolen and I need to retrieve information that was on it but I cant buy another iphone for a few weeks. Is there some other way you can acccess what you backed up on your computer? Also, is there someway to automatically back up the iphone from the actual phone itself?

-Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It depends on what info you want that was on the phone. Contacts, Mail, Calenders, pics, music, notes, apps etc can all be set to sync through iTunes and all will be available on the computer you sync the phone with (assuming it's a Mac, not sure about Windows as I don't use it with my phone). If you synced them with iTunes, your info is there.

As for syncing from the phone itself, you can sync most of the above remotely if you have Apple MobileMe service and syncing setup. It won't sync apps though. It will sync calenders and contacts mainly, along with some e-mail. Also, with MobileMe you can locate your phone if it's turned on (Geographic position displayed on a map) and you can remotely wipe your phone so whoever took it can't get your data.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.