Kernal Panic i think

Reaction score
well im fairly new to mac and the mac forums look's like a good place for help anyways her is the story i had purchased a macbook from a friend and i restarted my macbook and it shows apple logo then it says "you need to restart your computer hold down power button" with a Grey backround screen and i tried almost every boot key. I have tried booting up install DVD but nothing happens at all the only way i get the DVD out is holding mouse button
it does not have a warranty so can anyone help it was running fine til today. Any help is appreciated.

thank in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Try powering on MacBook inserting Instal disk and holding the 'C' Key - you should then be able to do a clean instal which will get rid of any potential problem that currently exists on the HD. Look for Options in the install window to choose to Erase for a fresh instal.

OP
I
Reaction score
Try powering on MacBook inserting Instal disk and holding the 'C' Key - you should then be able to do a clean instal which will get rid of any potential problem that currently exists on the HD. Look for Options in the install window to choose to Erase for a fresh instal.

thanks for the answer its greatly appreciated but the thing is my boot keys do not work none of them tried safe mode holding c nothing seems to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.