cant find printer on home network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 4s, Ipod Touch 32GB, 1st Gen IPad 64GB and 15"Macbook Pro 2.53GHz w/ 4GB RAM
cant find printer on home network. i'm having a hard time finding the printer or the home network from my macpro or finding my mac from my vista pc. :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
What is the printer connected to? Did you make sure file/printer sharing on the computer the printer is connected to and the Mac (SMB option on!)?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 4s, Ipod Touch 32GB, 1st Gen IPad 64GB and 15"Macbook Pro 2.53GHz w/ 4GB RAM
well, the printer is connected to a desktop PC running vista that is connected to a wireless router that the mac-book is also connected to (at least the internet connection).
if i look at the network from the vista PC i see the printer being shared but i dont see my mac anywhere.
I'm so used to Windows I'm kind of lost. i only had this mac for one day. so take it easy on me!

by the way what is SMB option ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
If you want to share Mac files/folders, you'll have to enable it first. Go to "System Preferences--> Sharing--> Files Sharing--> Options..." and select the "Share files and folders using SMB (Windows)" checkbox. As for the printer issue, hopefully another user can help you out with that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.