• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Is snitching wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Just a quick question for you all. If you snitch and get out of a ticket, is that wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Well for me it's all about motives.. if you feel that what the person did was wrong and either it needs to stop or it's going to hurt someone else.. or if it's not for the best of the community.. then yeah I think you should snitch, but if your motive is to get something for self.. then no that's selfish and being selfish is not good in my book. Look at you rmotives is what I always recommend and don't fool yourself into having a motive that you feel is ok.. be honest with yourself..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
huh? Snitch and get out of a ticket...?

Snitch on who to get out of what kind of ticket? Speeding?

:confused:

sKaD

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Drinking ticket. I was at a party, I got off, few kids ran, few other kids drunk off their asses got off 2. Just wondering if its wrong to snitch. I figure, good for them if they got off, everyone knows not to run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Drinking tickets? They give out tickets for drinking now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
I'll take 10! oh wait youre prolly talking about Minor in Posession tickets :p

about snitching, just remember one thing........ no one ever suspects the butterfly

S

Stanley

Snitching drinking tickets, running at parties ...
What the **** is going on at your side of the world ? !

Once again, I'm a simple, clueless European guy.

(But not being selfish, that I do understand. And that's a good thing...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
its not just our side of the pond. i have a friend from scotland with plenty of stories of escaping the law while intoxicated.. the only difference is they dont seem to be so up tight about busting people to make a few extra bucks over there

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I plan to move to germany for a few years, just so I can get away from the nutzy here :)

S

Stanley

Graphite said:
Yeah, I plan to move to germany for a few years, just so I can get away from the nutzy here :)
Just don't mention the war and you'll be okay there :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.